Stantec Tampa: Located in the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District, the Seidenberg was one of the earliest cigar factories built in Ybor City in 1895. Later, the windows were blocked up and the building was used for several decades as a bonded warehouse. It was renovated for use by the Ybor Brewing Company until that business sold. AiC’s adaptive use of the century-old building converted it into the Tampa Bay headquarters for regional engineering company WilsonMiller (who were then acquired by Canadian design firm Stantec). The company occupied three floors and a portion of the ground floor basement area of the 35,000 SF space. By maintaining a close relationship with the owner, tenant, general contractor, and the City of Tampa Historic Preservation Department, the historic structure was successfully transformed into a highly functional and contemporary office environment, while preserving and highlighting the character defining historic elements of the building. Exterior renovation included repointing of brick, installation of new windows that had been previously blocked up, roof repairs, new entry canopies and re-construction of the fire damaged cupola. Partial height walls and the use of clerestory glass at the private offices located around the perimeter accentuate the volume of the former factory floor space and the expanse of the bead board ceiling. Other restoration work included the entire replacement of the hurricane damaged 5V-crimp roof and a reconstruction of a fire damaged cupola located on the west facade. Large floor areas on the first and second floors required major structural infill where two-story tall brewing equipment once existed. Interior spaces feature the original, restored exposed brick walls and bead board ceilings.